Click here to view our range of Aftercare Products
When brushing you hair it is always better to use a large soft bristle brush. The professional hair extension brush is recommended, as this will ensure the hair does not snag or catch your extensions or natural hair, as other types of brushes might. These can be purchased for £6. Using the recommended brush will leave the hair shiny and in optimum condition. We recommend that you begin brushing at the ends of the hair, then move up to mid length and finally brush the root area. At night time gently tie your hair back in a loose braid or twist, this will help prevent tangles or knots.
First brush your hair thoroughly, then soak with warm water, we would suggest the you do not turn the head upside down but always wash from the crown down. Next apply shampoo, we would recommend a clear/mild tree tea shampoo. Distribute your normal amount of shampoo at the root area, gently massaging in small circles over the scalp area, this will cleanse both the natural hair and your extensions. There is no requirement to scrub the mid-length or ends as these will be cleanse sufficiently during the rinsing process. Rinse thoroughly and repeat process.
All hair needs conditioning whether natural or extensions. To condition we recommend that you use a good conditioner which keeps your hair soft. Apply the conditioner to the mid-lengths and ends only, do not apply to the scalp or bonds, gently massage, distributing the conditioner thoroughly. You can brush the ends using your soft bristle brush. This will help ensure every hair is coated thoroughly with conditioner. You should leave the conditioning treatment on for a minimum of three minutes and a maximum of 10 minutes. Once conditioned, rinse thoroughly with warm water. Avoid conditioners which contains Alcohol as this leaves your hair dry.
After rinsing squeeze excess water from the hair and wrap a towel around the head and gently pat towel to remove moisture from hair, avoid rubbing at scalp and hair. Next, gently brush hair with soft bristle brush, beginning at ends, moving to mid-length and then roots.
Drying & Styling:
You can leave the hair to dry naturally or blow-dry. If using a hairdryer we would suggest the you use a low heat and a soft bristle brush to style. Once dry, you may style using, Carmen, Hot Rollers, Hot Sticks, Curling Tongs or Hair Straighteners. NB: 100% human hair only, do not use these styling methods on fibre extensions.
- When rinsing hair, rinse for a few seconds extra as the extra volume created by your extension may mean it takes a little longer to rinse.
- We advise never to sleep with wet or damp hair as it could affect the bonds or may cause the hair to tangle whilst asleep.
- If you have an oily scalp wash hair regularly, as build up of natural oils could lead to your wax bonds slipping or falling out.
- Treat your extensions with the same respect as your natural hair. Good aftercare and a regular maintenance will keep your hair looking great for longer.
- If you regularly swim or are planning to on holiday whilst wearing your extensions we recommend that when swimming in the sea or a swimming pool you wear a protective bathing cap as the chemicals in the pool or salt levels in the sea may effect your extensions.